Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hand Update

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Typing with one hand isn’t that easy, so I don’t know how much you can expect out of my literary work while I am enduring this hand saga. Sorry if some of the past posts have been boring…they didn’t seem to have the typical zing to them. Hopefully I’ll get a new phone card this week so I can give a few of you a call, but at this rate, I’m not too sure.

I just got back from an all morning trip to the health clinic. The longest part of the morning was the car ride. It really wasn’t that bad though. I had a PC driver and I got to see a lot of Dakar. I was able to see most of the Embassies in Dakar which was cool and we had nice drive along the Dakar coast, so I don’t really have anything to complain about…my finger wasn’t even hurting that bad. Traffic here is crazy though, even on a Saturday.

At the clinic, I was seen almost immediately. Unfortunately, the fun kinda ended there. The doctor looked at my x-rays (taken yesterday) and felt my hand. He said I needed a cast but would also need to come back on Wednesday for another x-ray. If the bones don’t set right, they are going to have to put a rod in my hand. I’m not really looking forward to this, so hopefully my finger and hand will set correctly. The smile on my face turned when I heard that news. Fortunately, I am fairly upbeat about the situation and it is just another story I can tell. Kevin Bacon even wore a knee brace in “The Air Up There,” so I’m not going to let a cast stop me.

That is the current news on my hand

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know just reading this makes my stomach do flip-flops.
Love, MOM