Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Address Information

I thought I would have some information for yall about my new address in Dakar by this point, but I don’t. The mail system is alittle different here, in which in order to receive mail, you have to have a post office box, which you have to pay for. Obviously, I don’t have one yet, since I haven’t moved to Dakar yet.

Being in Dakar, I have two options. First, I can forgo paying for a post office box and receive my mail at the Peace Corps Senegal Headquarters in Dakar. This isn’t the same address as the Thies Training Center, which was my past address. I’m not sure if I will go with this option because I don’t want to get into a habit of going to the Headquarters and I’m unsure of how close it is to where I will live and work…but we will see. My second option is to purchase a box at a post office close to my house. I am unsure on the proximity of one to my house, but I believe it is fairly close. Hopefully I can figure this stuff out next week and let yall know.

Finally, I plan to write something on the end of my first phase here in Senegal soon, but I want to go ahead and thank everyone who has written a letter or email, prayed/thought about me, or called me...I encourage you to keep doing it. I had an great call the other day from Ingraham and Lilun. They figured out how to do a three-way call in which only one person needed to enter the international calling card info, so it was pretty cool talking to Mike who was at the beach, Lilun who was in his car, and me. It was a nice twist to the typical phone call.

No comments: