Saturday, May 13, 2006

Expectations...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I tried to come to Senegal with no expectations. As much as I may have wanted that to happen, that hope was full of crap. Typically, I have pretty high expectations for things and I’m not a fan of that at times. It is so easy to have those expectations not met and be disappointed. It happens all the time, which is why I didn’t want to come here we any preconceived notions.

I must say, my experience here has blown away any expectations I may have had prior to getting on the airplane. As I have said over and over, my host family is amazing. I could not be happier with that situation. The attention provided at the training center is not like anything I have ever seen. All the staff, whether it is the guy at the top or at the bottom, they want you to succeed and be the best.

No comments: