Monday, September 25, 2006

So I Iied

Monday, September 25, 2006

The other day, I apparently wrote that I was not going to fast for Ramadan. After thinking about it and being talked out of it, tomorrow has been decided that I will fast. I can be easily convinced to do things, fasting being at the top of the list. As a result of my fasting, my brother said that we would have chicken in our maffe (maffe mardi, maffe Tuesday for the French illiterate including myself) instead of beef. I have never had chicken maffe, so I was willing to make a sacrifice and go from sun up to sun down without eating or drinking water. I am a little nervous but think I can manage.

With that being said, I had to fend for lunch myself yesterday, so to make it easy, I went and bought a can of pringles, some cookies, an oringina, and a coke. It was a pretty good lunch.

Regarding meals during Ramadan, it is weird. While they do not eat during the day, a meal is not skipped. The three meals are packed in from sun down to around 11 or so. I ate breakfast for the first time at my house as a result yesterday, but skipped dinner because I was stuffed and tired.

Happy Ramadan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think one of the most important things about being in another country is experimenting and experiencing their culture. Though, fasting is not something that we may understand or do, I think we can learn so much about those that do by doing it. I hope you perk up after your first day and have realized that not-so-fab reality of Fasting. I guess you could never be anorexic.