Friday, September 08, 2006

Flooding

Friday, September 8, 2006

Since I have been out of town for much of the rainy season, I have yet to experience a try down pour. Today, that changed. I got to the hospital around 6:30 so I could try and beat the heat. It looked pretty overcast much of the morning and even springled some.

Around 10:45, the rain came. there was no means of escape. I went and hid in the kitchen, where my lady friends gave me a bowl of rice,beans, peanut sauce, fish, and beef. It wasnt bad, but did the trick since I was hungry. The rain let up around 12:15 or so.

Soon did I realize that much of the runoff from the hospital grounds flowed to the back of the hospital where the infectious maladies kitchen is located, as where I was at the time. It became apparent when I was wading through knee high water for about 100 yards that I truly am thankful for all the vaccinations Peace Corps pumped into me.

As I left the Hospital grounds and reached the main road, I found even more flooding. I felt that it wasnt worth getting in a bus to head home at the time, only because traffic was at a stand still due to all the water. As a result, i came to the cyber to type this up and determine that I now smell.

It is now sunny, so I think Im going to head to the pool for the afternoon.

Have a great weekend and Go Dawgs.

No comments: