Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Day Back At Garden

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

For the past several weeks, I have been looking forward to getting back to the garden. It is an important project to me, and honestly, I missed the atmosphere or the garden and Dakar. Also, I missed working.

After getting to the garden and seeing it for the first time in about 3 and a half weeks, I realized that I had better hope that I enjoy working, because it needed a lot of work. There were weeds and pests everywhere, along with a lot of empty plots. While the gardeners watered, it doesnt appear that they weeded. This is crucial during the rainy season. I am hoping that by early next week, the garden will be back into beauty pageant shape. Following this beautification process, I hope to get some more stuff planted and start the organic pesticide regimn.

After coming back from IST, i realized that leaving Dakar for extended amounts of time probably wont be likely. As of right now, the only extended vacation I have tentatively planned is a trip back to the states in mid 2007. Other than that, I guess Ill just work...fortunatly, I enjoy what Im doing and there is a lot of potential.

No comments: