Monday, September 18, 2006

One of the most beautiful days....

Saturday, September9, 2006

With the current state of the garden after my return to Dakar from IST, it has been my goal to get it back into shape as soon as possible. As a result, I've been working longer hours and workin part of the weekend too. While I can't say that is a problem, because it isn't, I am especially glad I went to the garden today. It was one of the most gorgeous days Ive experienced here in Senegal. It brought back a lot of memories from the States.

Today, there was barely a cloud in the sky, a slight breeze, and suprisingly not too hot. I say suprisingly, but I really have no clue what month it is or how hot it should be....honestly, I think it is still March. It reminded me of a fall day between the hedges in Athens or the start of little leauge in early spring as a kid.

While thinking about the Dawgs game at South Carolina, I ended up hanging out at my buddies boutique stand for about 3 hours having tea and shooting the shit. Afterward, I decided to forgo one of the cars I have to take to reach my house, and decided to just walk that leg of the journey.

Writing this, I realize that the natural beauty and enjoyment of the day was very surreal. For some reason, it made realize that strange, untimed moments like this, are what this whole experience is about.

No comments: