Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ramadan

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Well, tonight or tomorrow is the start of the Muslim Holiday of Ramadan. I don't know the details about it other than they fast from sun rise to sun down. I have been asked countless times if I am going to fast for it, but I don't think I will. I have never really gotten into the whole fasting thing. Also, with the amount I work outside in the sun and am running around Dakar, I just don't think it is healthy for me. With that being said, the hardest part is finding ways to eat, drink, and be respectful. I think the only way to do it is go in my roomhouse, clothes the windows and lock the door. To me, whether or not you believe or participate in practices done by those in Senegal, respect and potentially understanding are crucial. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Have a great weekend

No comments: