Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Few Loose Ends

Thursday, September 7, 2006

Broken Things...Senegal has not been kind to my posessions for some reason. I finally got a new phone on tuesday, and fortunatly have the same number. Unfortunatly, my laptop I think has reached its end on Wednesday evening. For awhile, the screen has been distorted and often times flickered, now, I cant seem to get it to charge. I dont know what its deal is, but it probably will take me longer to update this site and respond in detail to emails, until I can figure something out. Unfortunately they dont have Best Buys here. Also, the soles on my chacos are coming apart, but fortunatly my remedy for that are the Gellies. Also, I know I can have them repaired. Just another bump in the road...not much you can do about it.

6 Month Review....Now that i have been in senegal for 6 months, i plan to sit down when I have time and write a review of the time I have spent here. It is strange because I am about .25 done with my service and it has flown by so far. Hopefully I can get it written and typed sometime in the next week or so.

Sorry I have been out of contact with most of you lately. My time in Thies was very limited. I had a list of about 15 detailed emails I planned to write when I got back into Dakar, but now with the laptop messed up, I dont know when or if ill get the emails out. Hopefully I can because I feel bad not being more in contact.

Homesickness...this is by fqr the longest I have gone without being at home, seeing family and friends. I think the three or four weeks I went not talking to my parents due to my broken phone, was also the longest ive gone without talking to them or any close friend for that matter. I guess what Im trying to say is that the inability to communicate freely has made me alittle homesick. It isnt at a point that I want to go home, but it isnt easy. I really couldnt be more excited right now knowing my parents are coming to visit in December. It is something I look forward to everyday. It helps me get through the emotional challenge that volunteers , including myself, face. Miss all of yall tremendously and cant wait to talk to yall and hopefully see you next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! The laptop! Damnit, that thing better start working when my package gets to you.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up J Land. I'm am so impressed.