Sunday, June 11, 2006

BIG Screen Tetris

Thursday, June 8, 2006

The other day, I finally received a long awaited care package from Ash and Mark. They mailed it sometime in late April, but it didn’t make to Thies in time before I moved to Dakar. It was a great care package, but I don’t recommend mailing Pringles (they break and I can buy them here). While I am grateful for everything in the package, I must rave about “Big Screen Tetris”. “Big Screen Tetris” is this handheld video game that I have not been able to put down. Some people go to bed with a loved one, random person, or by themselves, but lately, I have been going to bed with my “Big Screen Tetris” and let me tell you, I haven’t been getting much sleep. I bring it to bed with me, not only to play before going to bed but when I wake up in the morning too. I don’t want to lie, I’ve brought it to the royal bathroom a few times too…I’m still working on proper technique, balance, and leg strength when it comes to squatting in the douche, but I sure have figured out how to play Tetris in there…I have even set a few high scores.

So Ash and Mark, I not only want to thank you for the care package, but for providing me with a companion and friend.

No comments: