Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Books Read

Monday, July 31, 2006

One thing that I have done in my down time is read. Whether I am in my room/house or at the pool or beach, I typically have a book or my IPOD with me. I don’t know why, but I guess it is nice to read or hear stuff in English. It is weird because there was a span of time that I didn’t read a book for a few years, with the exception of my textbooks that is. I figured I’d jot down what I have read over the past 4 and a half months here. Most were good, but a couple were terrible. I wish they had a Pizza Hut Book It Club here...yet alone a Pizza Hut.

Character: Presidential Profiles
The Water is Wide (Pat Conroy)
Condi: The Condelleza Rice Story (Antonia Felix)
All the Best (George Bush)
Into the Wild (Jon Krakauer)
Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors (Piers Paul Read)
Seabiscut: An American Legend (Laura Hillenbrand)
The Flanders Panel (Arturo Perez-Reverte)
Friday Night Lights (H.G. Bissinger)
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (John Perkins)
They Call Me Coach (John Wooden)
American Bashkir Intercollege Camp Handbook (ELO Moscow)
All Fisherman Are Liars (Linda Greenlaw)

I’ve got a few books that are in the line up to read soon: The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinback), To Kill a Mokingbird (Harper Lee), Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller), Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand), and Along Came a Spider (James Patterson).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so call me dumber, but what is a Pizza Hut book club?

Anonymous said...

J, I had forgotten all about the Pizza Hut Book-It Club. How many free pizzas did you end up earning?? Maybe you could get the local pizza hangout in Dakar to start a similar program!=)
Love you,
MOM