Saturday, August 12, 2006

Heading to Thies

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be heading to Thies tomorrow morning for three weeks of In-Service Training (IST). I should be returning to Dakar in early September. My internet time will be limited and the likelihood that I update this site during this time is slim. I even plan to leave my laptop in Dakar. Hopefully, I will have some pictures for you by the end of IST.

Also, while I picked up five birthday packages of mine from the Peace Corps office this week (some were mailed in mid-June), there are a few that are still MIA that I know of. I do not know why it is taking my packages so long to get here (letters still taking about 2 weeks or so). Hopefully, by the time I return from IST, they will all be waiting at the PC office. Thank you to everyone who sent a letter or package, it has been nice to have a mid-July birthday in August and September. Yall are great.

Thanks again for all of your support during the past five months I have been in Senegal. I can’t believe it has been that long…only a year and 8/9 months left.

No comments: