Sunday, August 06, 2006

One Rumore Put To Rest

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

I got kinda excited tonight. I had heard a rumor several weeks ago about the BBC World Service Radio network being in Dakar. After a few unsuccessful, yet haste attempts to find it, I gave up, turned on my IPOD, and put it into the pile of other rumors I’ve heard. Attempts to locate Oreos, Gatorade, and Miller Lite have all proven to be unsuccessful

Well, tonight I came across the English speaking news service that I had so long ago heard about, but crazy accents they have. Following current events here can be somewhat difficult, so it was a nice relief to come across it. Normally, during every trip to the Internet, I try to briefly catch up on events covered in the headlines of the USA Today, AJC, and Charlotte Observer, but because time is limited, the only true current events news I’m following in detail surround the Bulldogs. Every once in awhile I’ll catch up on my celebrity news so I can stay current as well...I mean you gotta know about Katie and Tom's secret wedding or when Angelina is gonna come to Senegal.

Needless to say, I have gotten caught up on world events tonight and even got to hear part of Bush’s radio address. I kinda feel like I’m back in the States now.

No comments: