Tuesday, July 04, 2006

That Guy

Monday, June 3, 2006

I was sitting in the bank today and I had one of those rekindling memories of my time at UGA. Just about everyday after class on the bus home, there would be “that” girl who would be on her cell phone talking away without any clue that the bus had other people on it. By the end of the bus ride, one would typically know her quite well. Over the course of time, you would often come across the same phone talkers and not forget the things you heard. I mean, I heard some pretty good stuff.

Today, when I was at the bank, I came across this older patrone, who I would consider “that” guy. The bank had a decent number of people waiting to be helped and this guy was just talking away, clueless that anyone else was around. While I am unsure entirely of what he was talking about, my guess is that the topics were far different from those that I heard on the bus.

It’s the little things like this, that make me miss the States.

No comments: