Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mom and Dad Visit

Tuesday, July 11, 2006
So I got good news late last week that my parents locked in on dates for their trip to Africa and bought their airline tickets. They are coming for two weeks in December, including Christmas. It should be a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to it. While it is going to be difficult to show them entirely everything I do throughout the course of my day, such as the modes of transportation I take, I am thrilled and fortunate that they are coming. Part of the Peace Corps experience is to provide Americans an insight into a different culture.

The difficulty now is to figure an itinerary, so my parents can make hotel reservations for when they are in Dakar. I laugh every time I talk to them because they want to know when and where we are going to be places. The problem with this is that it doesn’t work that way here, especially this far in advance…it is hard to relate that point across the phone or via email. Hopefully by mid-September or late November I can develop[ a minute by minute itinerary only to show that 30 seconds in, we will already be off schedule. Needless to say, I am not worried.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're headed to the dude ranch first!
Love, MOM