Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pictures - November 14, 2007


I had gotten some requests to show some pictures of the new garden at the Psych Wing of Fann Hospital that I am working on. It is somewhat my baby right now and is the new challenge that I needed in my service. It is nothing like the other two projects I am involved in at Fann and much smaller scale, but letting me use the things I have learned, liked, and not liked, and hopefully implement a sustainable, creative, and beneficial project while teaching, working, and collaborating with Mboup, and employee at the Psych Wing.

Currently, it is still a work in progress and everyday, something new happens. In my eyes, it will always be a work in progress though. Long term, the idea of the garden will switch more to a therapeutic approach for patients. It is a low cost garden (currently $11 in the hole) with an emphasis on alternative, recycled containers (tires, water bottles, oil jugs, etc.). The soil is all composted material from one of my other gardens. One of the biggest challenges right now is sunlight....there is not as much as I would like, but like everything else, gotta take what you have and go with it.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them...just remember, ideas aren't always as easy to replicate here.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1IZsnLNo4YvaA&notag=1




Here are a couple pictures from the other garden and some of the guys I come across during my work day. While a simple photo, I really feel that the picture above with Lope is one of the pictures that I feel somewhat sums up my service here and making realize that I made the right decision.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1IZsnLNo4Yvhg&notag=1

No comments: