Monday, November 06, 2006

Flaming Aces Update

Saturday, November 4, 2006

It has been a tiring day of mixed emotions on the softball field. Many improvements were made by the Flaming Aces from two weeks ago. Despite these improvements, they just were not enough.

The first game, we had to play with a limited roster. One of our girls did not show up, so we had to “borrow one”. Throughout the game, I did not have any action out in center-right field (we play with 4 outfielders). Needless to say, it was a little boring out there, but left field did see a lot of balls come its way. My batting was stellar, going two for two...far different from my little league days. Unfortunately, the opponent was just too much and we got spanked pretty badly. I am unsure of the score and if I did, I probably would not post it. It is much different than the strength found in Team Dalton.

The second game was apparently against one of the better teams in the social league...we changed that though...kinda. I was moved to third base for it. The game, being our second of the day, was a bit tiring, but the Flaming Aces had the rally caps on. We managed to tie the game and it ended that way. No extra innings until the playoffs. I am sure I will reminisce the movie Hardball before we reach the championship.

I was hoping to upload some pictures from the day, but I am having difficulty doing that right now, so sorry.

No comments: