Monday, November 06, 2006

The Bird

I have been meaning to write about this incident that happened a few weeks ago, but have never gotten around to it. For some reason, a lot of my excitement here in the city happens when I’m on some form of public transportation. This day was no different.

I do not remember the details, but obviously something happened to upset someone. All of a sudden, I saw the moneyman on the Allhum give the guy in the car behind us the middle finger. It was one of the funniest things I have seen in-country.

In the States, you see the middle finger every once in awhile. Also, it is typically no shock to see it. Even with all of the commotion and confrontations that I have seen here, I had never seen it.

So, when I did see it, it was a funny moment. Even with whatever so-called upheaval going on, I was laughing.

I guess when you go so long with out seeing or thinking about certain things, you find it funny when you do...even if it is the bird.

No comments: