Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mini Update

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'll write more later becuase I don't have much time left here, but things here are going well still. I think I am sick. My throat has been bothering me and I think I'm running a fever, but I can't seem to read the thermometer. It is in English, but I guess I just don't know how to read it. Hopefully whatever I have clears up soon, cause there isn't much time to recouperate here. I went to Dakar today for an Urban Ag field trip which was cool. When we got back, we got our bikes which all of us had been waiting for. I rode home with about 5 other volunteers and it was the most akward ive felt in a while. We definetly got the stares. Crazy Americans with their really nice bikes, bells, and helmets. We can get sent home if we dont wear our helmets...so its pretty much a big deal. Other than that, we are suppposed to find out our site placement on friday and I'm going to the beach on Saturday, which should be fun. Hope everyone is doing well and if I dont talk to you beforehand, have a great Easter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better J
Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi J. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. We enjoy keeping up with you via blog and love the stories and pictures. Mark's parents will be in town tomorrow to celebrate the Easter weekend with us. We'll be thinking of you. HAPPY EASTER! GET WELL SOON!
Love, Ash, Mark, and Oscar

Anonymous said...

Hey JLand,
do u want a cough drop, tylenol or an ice pop? Courtesy of the Monts infamous HEALTH CENTER!!
Seriously tho, I hope u feel much better soon.
love n hugs Bear xxx

Anonymous said...

HI J..Thought your pictures might have arrived today, Sat.4/15, but they didn't...hopefully Monday. I'll send them onto Senegal as soon as they come.
How was the beach?
HAPPY EASTER J
Love you
MOM