Sunday, April 02, 2006

Dosso--the night of April 1st

While i have a few minutes, Ill tell you about my Saturday night in Thies. It was my sister's birthday, so she was home from Dakar. She came out with me and we met up with some other trainees. After going to this place called the Beer Garden by PCVs, we went to a popular dance club called Dosso. We got there around 12 and it was dead, but it cost 2 mille to get in, which is alot....about 4 bucks. Well, let me tell you, i tried to dance. I said id never do it again, but I tried. I was even told that I had no rythme. That is one thing I have known all my life, so it wasn't very shocking. So I decided to have a seat and hang out with a few of the other trainees (about 8 of us where there). Around 2 am was when things started to heat up, so i tried to dance again. This time I was more successful. It wasn't till around 4 that I left with my sister and her friends. I don't know if they were trying to be nice, but they said I danced well. I felt like I was at a rave or something, although I'd never been to one before. There was fog machines and crazy strobe lights which probably made every move of mine even more amazing. Because most of Senegal is muslim, they don't drink, but honestly, dancing is one thing I can't do without the help of a shot or two, and it was obviously the cure to the plague last night. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still trying to get the pictures up. I will eventually. Fortunatly, we don't have class on Sundays, so I slept till 1030 and decided to wear ear plugs, so the donkey wouldnt wake me. I helped my dad and brothers build a brick patio today so ive been pretty productive and now Im about to study for a few hours.

No comments: