Friday, May 15, 2009

Final Approach....buckle up and prepare for landing

One month to go ladies and gents....after over three years here in Senegal, I only have a month to go. It is kinda crazy to think back to March 13, 2006 when I left Houston to where I am now and the impact that Senegal, its people and Peace Corps have had on me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone back in the US, but hopefully unemployment will not stare me down too long. If anybody knows anybody hiring, preferably in the northeast but can pretty much go anywhere, let me know....I'm trying to hold off working at Bojangles till post-retirement.
But, before I leave, there is a baby on the way...not mine. The Sane's baby should be here sometime next week. I think I let it slip out that I would watch one (held back in agreeing to both...that could be a disaster) of their kids next week some if they needed it...could be interesting. I am expecting one or both of them to some how hide in my luggage and pop out in the US.

It is time to buckle up!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Tell Fatou I think she looks beautiful and I'll be waiting to hear all about the arrival of baby #3.