Monday, June 25, 2007

The past few months have somewhat been leading up to tomorrow. First Lady Laura Bush is on a 4 country African tour, stopping first in Senegal. During her brief but important visit here in Senegal, she will be visiting one of the gardens I am involved in. It is not my main garden as many of you know, but another one on the hospital grounds. It was started by Steve Bolinger, a former Peace Corps/Senegal Volunteer and founder of the NGO Development in Gardening (D.I.G.). The work that Steve has done is incredible and he truly deserves all the credit. The impact that he has made is amazing. Hopefully, in a short time, his young NGO can raise more funds and continue to create gardens and spread the importance of proper nutrition with individuals living with HIV/AIDS throughout Africa and the world.

I encourage you to visit the link for D.I.G. as well as visit the link below and read the article.

First Lady to tout aid on Africa visit

No comments: