Friday, March 31, 2006

Update 2

March 23, 2006

Oh wow.....what a trip. I just from Kedougou today. It was a long but short trip. We left I guess on Sunday. It was a 14 hour drive down there in the back of a landcruiser. I believe there were 10 of us going down and some prickly plant. It was tough....especially when the bouts of indigestion have begun.....but we made it. I was down in Kedougou for demystification which is where two PCTs spend a few days with a volunteer who is in the same sector as myself, which is urban ag. Kedougou probably isn't like the urban environment that I will most likely be in. It was a neat place, but very isolated. I have alot too write about the trip, but very little time. I have pictures that I will post. Although, one interesting thing that occured was having a tire blowout on the return trip. It was an experience, but my dad would be proud....i actually helped change the tire....kinda. Overall, it was a good trip....it was neat to see a vast amount of Senegal over a few short days in the country as well as talk and hang out with volunteers. I'm looking forward to the next few steps.

Also, I am hoping to purchase a phone sometime this week....by week I mean the next couple of days because I have no clue what day it is. Regardings calls, for me, incoming calls regardless of where from are free, texts are cheap sending and receiving, and outgoing calls are farely expensive. It seems that is how alot of communication is here.....postage and telecenters can be fairly expensive, yet internet is fairly cheap if you can get to a cyber cafe when it is open or working.....which I am struggling with. So the moral of that is to go to Wal-mart, buy an international phone card, and when I post up the number start calling (although I plan to call the states as well) anytime....day or night. Internet should be better now that the routine here is kinda set, so hopefully I should be able to catch up and respond to your messages....although, keep them coming.

Hope your all doing well.

No comments: