Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Road Ahead

I am going down a path I once went down before, yet last year, I seemed to hit the reset button.


For nearly three years, Dakar has been my home. A home that has offered challenges I never thought I would overcome, friendships and memories I never want to forget, and scares I will always have.


As I sit in a “hotel room” light years away from Dakar in a place I’ve heard dubbed the hottest place in the world, I wish that time would slow day. My days here are limited and it is something that has to end, but why has 2009 moved so fast.


The uncertainties of the future can be daunting at times, but then again, I ask myself…if I can’t get through the near future, then what have I learned from my experiences the past 3 and a half years.


I can’t say I have any answers as to the future….career, location, etc….but with perseverance, optimism, influence of the past and current, and possibly a little luck, the answers await.

No comments: